Sir John Linton Myres (July 3, 1869 in Preston – March 6, 1954 in Oxford) was a British archaeologist. He became the first Wykeham Professor of Ancient History, at the University of Oxford, in 1910, having been Gladstone Professor of Greek and Lecturer in Ancient Geography, University of Liverpool from 1907. He contributed to the British Naval Intelligence Division Geographical Handbook Series that was published during the Second World War.
- The Dawn of History (1911)
- Handbook of the Cesnola collection of antiquities from Cyprus (1914)
- The Political Ideas of the Greeks (1927)
- Who were the Greeks? (1930), Sather Lectures
[edit Further reading
- D.H.G. "J.L. Myres: [Obituary]", The Journal of Hellenic Studies, Vol. 74. (1954), pp. 181–182.
This article might use material from a Wikipedia article
, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0