Your continued donations keep Wikipedia running!
René Doumic (March 7, 1860 - December 2, 1937), French critic and man of letters, was born in Paris, and after a distinguished career at the École Normale began to teach rhetoric at the College Stanislas.
He was a contributor to the Moniteur, the Journal des Débats and the Revue bleue, but was best known as the independent and uncompromising literary critic of the Revue des Deux Mondes.
His works include:
- Éléments d'histoire littéraire (1888)
- Portraits d'écrivains (1892)
- De Scribe à Ibsen (1893)
- Écrivains d'aujourd'hui (1894)
- Études sur la littérature française (5 vols., 1896-1905)
- Les Jeunes (1896)
- Essais sur le théâtre contemporain (1897)
- Les Hommes et les idées du XIXe siècle (1903)
- an edition of the Lettres d'Elvire à Lamartine (1905).
This article might use material from a Wikipedia article
, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0