Alphonse Allais (October 20, 1854 - October 28, 1905) was a French writer and humorist, born in Honfleur, Calvados.
He is the author of many collections of whimsical writings. A poet as much as a humorist, he in particular cultivated the verse form known as holorhyme, i.e. made up entirely of homophonous verses, where entire lines rhyme. For example:
- par les bois du djinn où s'entasse de l'effroi,
- parle et bois du gin ou cent tasses de lait froid.
- À se tordre 1891
- Vive la vie!, 1892
- Deux et deux font cinq, 1895
- Amours, délices et orgues, 1898
- Ne nous frappons pas (literally Let's not hit ourselves), 1900
* Notice to all users: You can export our search engine to your blog, website, facebook or my space.