Norman H. Baynes
Professor Norman Hepburn Baynes (1877–1961) was a noted 20th century British historian of the Byzantine Empire.
Selected published works
- Intellectual liberty and totalitarian claim. The Romanes lecture for 1942 (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1942)
- The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, 1922-1939. Ed. Norman H. Baynes, 2 vols. (Oxford, 1942)
- Byzantium: An Introduction to East Roman Civilization. Ed. Norman H. Baynes and H. St. L. B. Moss. (Oxford: Clarendon, 1948; Oxfore Paperbacks, 1961). A collection of signed articles by authorities; good bibliography.
- Constantine the Great and the Christian Church. Norman H Baynes. (1972) Second Edition, with a preface by Henry Chadwick. ISBN 0-19-725672-4
* Notice to all users: You can export our search engine to your blog, website, facebook or my space.