Ernest Binfield Havel
Ernest Binfield Havel (1861-1934), who published under the name E.B. Havell, was a British arts administrator and author of numerous books about Indian art and architecture. With Abanindranath Tagore, he established the Bengal school of art, which sought to adapt British art education in India so as to reject the previous emphasis placed on European traditions in favour of revivals of native Indian styles of art, in particular the Mughal miniature tradition.
Havel wrote numerous books on Indian art and history, including
- A Handbook of Indian Art
- The History of Aryan Rule in India
- Ancient and Medieval Architecture of India
- Indian Architecture: Its psychology, structure and history
- Ideals of Indian art
- Indian sculpture and painting.
This article might use material from a Wikipedia article, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.
* Notice to all users: You can export our search engine to your blog, website, facebook or my space.